Whether you’re building your home from the ground up or updating your existing space, Douglas Electric is the team to trust. We have years of experience as your friendly neighborhood electricians. If your wiring is outdated, you can be at risk for severe issues like a fire, inconsistent power, and electrocution. Ensuring that your home is wired correctly is critical to ensure your safety and the longevity of your house. We're the team to trust when you need Rancho Cordova house rewiring services.
Contact us today at (916) 619-6305 for electrical solutions your home can count on. Trust Douglas Electric for remodeling or new construction electric!
You never want your electrical to constantly suffer from surges, shorts, or fires because your wiring needs to be updated.
Here are a few signs that it is time to rewire:
- The wiring is original to your home: The National Electric Code updates their safety regulations every three years. If your home was built in the 70s, it might not meet the grounding and GFCI outlet requirements that keeps your electrical system safe. A remodel is the perfect time to inspect and update your system.
- The presence of burning smells: There should never be a burning smell when you use an outlet or turn on a light. This indicates that wires behind your walls are exposed and have arced. This is a severe fire hazard that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Outlets are hot to the touch: If any electrical components, including outlets or your panel, are hot to the touch, this is another sign you may have sparking behind your walls. Our professionals offer expert house rewire services in Rancho Cordova so this issue doesn’t persist.
- Every room needs extension cords: Today’s technology is far improved from 30 years ago, so outdated homes tend to have fewer outlets and circuits that may be incapable of meeting modern needs. We can install additional outlets and circuits to safely manage your increased energy requirements without the need for extension cords.
When you’re designing your new home, it’s vital that you consider every aspect of your electrical system. We’ve outlined a few standard accessories that are often forgotten in new constructions:
- Smart accessories like switches, blinds, lights, and appliances require extra wiring to integrate into your space.
- If you have an older child, regular visitors, or aging family members, a guest house can provide them with a personalized space while still giving you the peace of mind that they’re close by. Keep an eye on your loved ones while giving them the private space they deserve.
- Even if your neighborhood is safe, security lighting can ensure your home is protected. Floodlights, motion sensor lighting, and spotlights can create a ring of security around your home that deters intruders.
Douglas Electric works hard to improve our community. We’re the team you can trust for top-notch house wiring services in Rancho Cordova!
When you need comprehensive services you can trust, call us today at (916) 619-6305 and schedule your free estimate!
“This is my second time hiring Doug for some electrical needs around my home. Doug and his partner arrived on time and worked fast & efficiently. I had them replace a ceiling fan in my living room and they replaced the 2 outside wall lights on both side”Amanda L.
“The work Doug did was phenomenal and they completed the job efficiently and professionally (happily charging my car as I type this!). Even beyond their professionalism, Doug and his wife are very pleasant people and a joy to talk to.”Michael M.
“I needed 3 GFCI outlets installed ASAP. Douglas electric responded within the hour to my request for service. They were able to come out the very next morning and install the GFCI outlets at a reasonable price.”Caitlyn W.
“They worked quickly, cleaned up after themselves and had great communication throughout the process! The fans are perfect and we are so happy with their work! We'll definitely be using Douglas Electric for our future electrical needs!”Ashley N.
“They responded quickly and were able to come out and give an quote. The process of accepting the bid and scheduling was easy. Doug showed up on time and go the work done efficiently and correctly. I would absolutely use Doug again!!”Sarah B.