Your electrical panel is responsible for distributing power throughout your home into various circuits. When this component becomes outdated, you can suffer from issues like a warm-to-the-touch panel or insufficient number of circuits. Douglas Electric is a team with licensed, bonded, and insured professionals that are here to help when you need expert panel replacements in Rancho Cordova. We have six years of experience as electricians that are part of your community with discounts for new customers.
Trust our professionals today for electrical improvements that work for you! Schedule your free estimate by calling us at (916) 619-6305 or filling out our online contact form.
It can be confusing when your electrical system stops working, and you’re unsure if a repair or upgrade will better serve your home. We’re here to help you make the right decision to meet your energy needs.
Here are a few signs you need to upgrade your electrical panel:
- It’s 25+ years old: The National Electric Code gets updated every three years to ensure safety. In 25 years, these standards have been updated eight times, meaning your system is outdated and can be unsafe.
- Lights dim when using appliances: If your aging circuits cannot handle the energy required for today’s devices, you may notice lights dim when you use high-energy appliances. An upgraded electrical panel helps distribute power without losing light.
- Not enough outlets: Many older homes are unprepared for the high technology used by today’s families, so they lack the necessary outlets. This can be managed with a new electrical panel that provides more circuits and outlets throughout your home.
- Warm to the touch components: Your panel or outlets should never be warm to the touch. Otherwise, you need immediate service. If this sign is paired with a burning smell, you may have damaged or exposed wires behind your wall that are arcing or creating sparks.
When you need expert panel replacements in Rancho Cordova, count on Douglas Electric to upgrade your system. We have six years of experience helping our community have the reliable electrical they deserve.
You can also upgrade your electrical by using a subpanel. These are often used if you’ve recently expanded your home with a renovation or accessory dwelling unit. This is especially helpful in garages, sheds, or finished basements.
Benefits of subpanels include:
- Energy efficiency
- ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units)
When you’re completing a project in a workshop or accessory dwelling unit and a circuit trips, you don’t want to track through the house to reset the breaker. Resetting is much easier if your panel is close by, especially in areas that have high energy requirements. You save money by shortening the distance between wire runs with a subpanel instead of the main panel. This increases your home’s energy efficiency to lower monthly costs and decrease construction costs. If you’re considering adding an accessory dwelling unit to your property to rent, a subpanel allows you to charge your renter for the energy they’re using accurately.
Douglas Electric has six years of experience as a bilingual team ready to serve our neighbors. Our professionals are licensed, bonded, and insured to help you with expert panel replacements in Rancho Cordova.
Keep your family safe with a new panel that you can trust. Call us today at (916) 619-6305 for a free quote!
“Douglas went above and beyond for us and did excellent work. We have used this company a couple of times over the years and will do so again. I am really glad that Douglas Electric is in business in my neighborhood. Trustworthy, punctual, good quality.”Samantha A.
“I needed 3 GFCI outlets installed ASAP. Douglas electric responded within the hour to my request for service. They were able to come out the very next morning and install the GFCI outlets at a reasonable price.”Caitlyn W.
“The work Doug did was phenomenal and they completed the job efficiently and professionally (happily charging my car as I type this!). Even beyond their professionalism, Doug and his wife are very pleasant people and a joy to talk to.”Michael M.
“Doug and team member came to install the new fan and seal the other. Great work, even reconnected the exhaust to the duct in the attic. Very pleased with my new QUIET bath fan and looking forward to less dust in my bathrooms.”Courtney C.
“They came out and gave us a fair estimate and clearly explained what they would do. We scheduled the work and they were reliable, on time, efficient, respectful, cleaned up after themselves and did a fantastic job.”Shannon T.